This WOD is for building back strength. For best results do the movements slowly and make sure that your back muscles being engaged at all times. Your chest should always be off the floor and you should squeeze your shoulder blades together for all movements with the exception being superman since you will need to go up and down (with your legs too).
Complete 3 rounds and take a minute break between each round. Each round comprises of:
- High: 1 minute for each movement; 10 seconds rest
- Medium: 40 seconds for each movement; 10 seconds rest
- Light: 30 seconds for each movement, 20 seconds rest
If you’re up for it, you can finish the workout with a movement called the wall walk. Complete this following ONE of these options:
- 5 times with 30 seconds hold; 20sec rest
- 10 times up and down the wall with no holding
- 5 times 30 seconds hold with shoulder taps; 20 seconds rest
8/4/20 – Back muscles are not something I typically focus on so this was a good workout. I chose High. I struggled a little with it but managed to complete with slightly longer rests between rounds. I also dabbled with the wall walks which was fun but a little scary. I felt like I was going to tip over so I wasn’t brave enough to get right up to the wall.
This is part of a series of WODs (workout of the day) that I have been receiving from a WhatsApp fitness group I joined to help me keep active during MCO. I’m keeping a record of the workouts here so I can keep a record of how I’m doing. You can find the rest of these WODs here.