After creating a list of home learning resources for the kids, I figured it was time to create a list of home workouts for me…
Home Workout Roundup
- Spartan Be Unbreakable
- Darebee – this is a free website that is amazingly comprehensive (if you like it, please support them by making a donation).
- Holiday Home Workout
- HIIT Workout with Dean Macey
Spartan Virtual Challenge Workouts
4 Rounds of:
- 30 alternating lunges
- 15 plank up-downs
- 15 Squat thrusts (regular burpees)
- 30 alternating crab toe touches
100 Reps Each:
- Bodyweight Squats
- Alternating Plank Shoulder Taps (50 each side)
- Squat Jumps
- Mountain Climbers (50 each side)
Fitness Instructors on Instagram
There are quite a number of fitness instructors on Instagram doing live workouts. Here’s one that I’m following: @yipingteo and this is a sample of one of her live workouts that we’ve done:
I never used to think much of workouts with resistance bands but I will never again underestimate them. It was tough! Definitely a far better workout than the water bottle weights I was initially using.
Here’s another one – Sculpt Club:
- Body Coach
- Zuzka Light
- Fitness Blender
- Spartan Functional Interval Training
- Sweat with SELF
- Ready Set Sweat Challenge
- Jungdayeon – Figurobics
- Downdog – yoga; some free, some paid; currently offering free classes during CMO.
- Nike Training Club – free
- Freeletics – free
- Keelo – free to use; contains paid upgrades
- 8-Fit – free to use; contains paid upgrades
- Seven – 7-minute workouts
These are the interim programs that we have on hand. I try to use them when I feel like reaching for that chocolate bar out of boredom rather than any real desire to eat. They provide a welcome distraction, a bit of family bonding (when we play together), and they’re so fun, you don’t feel like you’re working out.
Now, over to you… What other programs are you using to stay active during this period?